| Description |
Perhaps colloquial only. Previously known as Tucker Lane, later Little Leichhardt Street; now part Madame Brussels Lane, part interior lane in Urban Workshop.
Named 1895. What appears to be the north-west and southern entries to the laneway can be seen on the 1853 map "Contours from Contoured Plan of Part of the City of Melbourne".
Located at or near: 44-46 Lonsdale St.
Probable or possible origin of name: Black Eagle Hotel, 44-42 Lonsdale Street.
Location is approximate.
For more information, see: Bate, W., Broome, R., Davis, N., May, A. J., & Stitt, H. (2024). The story of Melbourne’s lanes: Essential but unplanned (pp. title Page, ii, 51). ISBN 978-1-875173-12-9. |
Type |
Placename |